18 and fabulous – that’s Lily-Rose Depp. It’s time we talk about the recently turned 18-year-old, who has already made it as one of the top influencers. It’s no wonder this stunning French-American actress/model has made a name for herself with her singer-actress mom, Vanessa Paradis, and A-list dad, Johnny Depp owning the spotlight. We like to think that it was her destiny to achieve social media greatness.
Depp’s social media posts are redefining what it means to be an influencer. You may call her technique distinctively cool or the “I don’t really care what anyone thinks about me” move. But either way she knows what she’s doing and we are loving it. She has been very successful as a model and an actress and has achieved more than most 18-year-olds. It’s not hard to tell how.
Three million Instagram followers is not a small feat. We’re going to show you 10 ways that you can also bring new meaning to your social media profiles through an offbeat charm just like Lily-Rose Depp:
- Let’s start with her 18thbirthday celebration. Depp’s signature posts are often blurry and have less than ideal “Instagram lighting”. But that’s what make her posts stand out from other influencers. The jokester captioned this picture with “Turned 18 and all I got was this tiny hat”. We’re pretty sure she got more than a small hat, which happened to go perfectly with her outfit and the amazing view behind her.
- Is she just the cutest thing or what? The quirky actress loves to show us behind the scenes of her life by sharing non-photoshopped images.
- This is real mother-daughter love right here! Depp reminds us how important mothers are and that she’s cool enough to flaunt their relationship. Can I just mention how beautiful Vanessa Paradis is?
- Kiss on the cheek for top fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld! Lily-Rose shows her approval for his new collection with best friend and co-model, Cara Delevinge. Can we all have a friend like Lily-Rose Depp please?
- Glitter dresses and ball gowns aren’t the only options at glamourous events. Depp rocked this suit with her French flair and made it teen appropriate.
- Lily-Rose Depp and her friend know that true friendship is not about the quality of the picture, but the moment they’re in.
- Is it just me or did we not look anywhere near this chic when we were 17? Maybe it was just me. Depp, sporting a polka-dotted halter top to show off her amazing figure, makes sure she stands out from the crowd.
- Everyone remember this year’s Met Gala? Well here’s a reminder of how Lily-Rose Depp shone bright like a diamond. While most celebrities chose more neutral colours, Depp made sure to make an appearance in bright pink and also chose a diamond rose to match her name.
- A big star wearing some little stars is something we can’t get enough of. We are loving her new accessory; simple and very chic.
- Yes, the at the time 17-year-old got to be the new face of Chanel and starred in their new perfume campaign.
- I know I said 10, but I couldn’t end without adding this one. Any model pictured with a gigantic bowl of pasta is an idol to us. And the fact that her bowl has her name on it, makes us want one too. Nice touch Lily-Rose Depp!
With those being her top most-redefining Instagram moments, it’s safe to say that no one can make dim lighting and blurry pictures as chic and glamorous as Lily-Rose Depp. Her artsy pictures have brought new meaning to social media influencers and that’s why everyone is following her.
Her character truly comes through in everything she does and she doesn’t worry about what everyone else is doing or thinking, which is one of the reasons why she is so successful. The teen recognises that not everyone enjoys a glamourous L.A. lifestyle and connects with so many by portraying her life as ordinary as possible. Though she may be one of Hollywood’s edgier teens, it goes to show that this has no effect on her role as the face of Chanel.
Having celebrity parents – especially dad Johnny Depp – hasn’t stopped her from doing her own thing and creating her own name. However, she is starting to follow in her dad’s footsteps more and more, as she is beginning to star in bigger films like Planetarium and Yoga Hosers. Even in films, she makes sure to continue down her artsy path by supporting unconventional movies.